Thank you Vivian from God’s Whispers of Truth for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I always enjoy reading your blog for sweet inspiration and encouragement!
Be sure to check out Vivian’s blog if you haven’t already. Click on the link above and then read her “my story” page under the menu option and you’ll be hooked—you’ll see for yourself what a brave warrior she truly is.
About the Sunshine award:
This award is given to creative, positive and cheerful bloggers by other bloggers as a token of appreciation and admiration.
Here are the rules:
• Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to him/her.
• Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
• Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
• Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
I’ll answer the questions Vivian had for me first:
1) What is the bible verse/passage which you turn to the most for comfort?
I’m obsessed with Philippians 4:13, ‘I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength‘….probably because it was the first verse that spoke to my broken, lost heart at the time, it grabbed me and directed my attention to God, and still has a grip on me. It was also the first verse I memorized on my own without someone else’s input or influence.
2) What are you most thankful for today?
Hands down my faith!!
3) What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon as a child?
I remember watching Inspector Gadget as a kid….and Alf…I actually had to google search Alf a few months ago to see if it was something I’d made up in my mind or if it really existed. Turns out its for real.
3) When did you last clean out your closet?
Feel like I’m forever removing clothes from my closet and tossing them to the garage sale pile, if you ask my husband he’d probably tell you I could do better!
4) What is your primary love language ie, acts of service, words of affirmation, physical touch, quality time, or gift giving?
I’m a huge fan of quality time with a side of words of affirmation. I like to receive those two gifts along with giving them as well…but I’ve learned how important it is to know what my other family member’s love language is so I can invest in that for them. It’s such a learning process…good question!
5) Which Bible character can you relate to because of what they went through?
I love Moses. He faced adversity, made mistakes, wasn’t much for speaking, but made a darn good writer—he allowed God to use him even through his insecurities and I’d like to think I’m trying to do the same.
6) What is your favorite board game?
Blokus but I never get to play it because my family whines about it.
7) What is or was your favorite subject in school?
English, more specifically, vocabulary!!
8) What do you enjoy doing during your down time?
Bible study, camping, yoga, reading, writing, family time, kayaking, baking, playing guitar, making jewelry, carpentry, running, biking…hard to find time for everything!!
9) What major obstacle in your life has God helped you overcome?
As a young child I experienced sexual abuse but through God’s goodness I’ve been able to forgive so deep because of that; I’ve been able to mentor others and raise awareness to parents…seriously if you haven’t already, then talk to your kids about ‘good touch/bad touch’ from an early age!! I began when each of my kids turned three(ish); they fully know my heart on this topic and I trust they’d come to me if this were ever an issue.
10) What musical instrument(s) can you play?
I can strum around on my guitar a bit, but I doubt I’ll have a spot on the church worship team anytime soon!
11) If you could go back 10 years, what major decisions would you change?
To have fully-followed Christ sooner
Alrighty now for my nominee choices:
Alan at Fuel for the Race blog writes personal stories which give an old-soul kind of vibe and point to Jesus.
Brenda at Becoming His Tapestry encourages others through everyday life happenings and ties it right in with scripture. She reminds me of the sweet, wise, Christian lady on the movie ‘War Room’…except not that old!!
Britney at Ordinarily Extraordinary Mom shares her creative ideas and personal life experiences with Biblical (life) application. Her posts are bright and bubbly through her words.
Cecelia at Thy word, My Thoughts shares a Bible message in her posts and then breaks it down through her own thoughts and how it applies to her own life experiences. Great reads!
Leah from Miracles for Malachi sets time aside each Sunday evening to write about her unique, but blessed life with two adorable boys who each have disabilities. This mama has made me laugh, smile, cry, and sit in awe over her ridiculously strong faith and wisdom.
Lily at Retrospective Lily writes about Christianity, life with a disability, and lots of wisdom and knowledge with a confident but humble manner.
Matthew at Jesus Luvs All writes about his faith in Jesus, serving others, and encouraging them also. Plus he’s a fellow Nebraskan!
Michelle at Blessings By Me shares awesome ideas, tips, and advice on a number of different topics. Very creative!
Ruth at Planted By Living Water encourages others through her posts—writing poems, praises, and sharing how God is working in her life. Many of her posts have really helped my mental/spiritual outlook in overcoming fear.
Ryan at Ryan Callahan’s blog writes to encourage and teach others about Jesus through his bold messages and swell understanding of the Bible….swell?, who uses that word anymore? Lol
Tina at God’s Kid Speaks writes the best poetry, has an incredibly funny personality, and writes on a widespread-range of topics that always show her strong character and faith. I love this sweet (Canadian) gal and the good conversations we have!
**A special thanks to Ruth and Lily for (each) nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award a while back. I appreciate it, but failed to participate. Just can’t seem to get caught up!
And here are my 11 questions for those I’ve nominated:
1) Why do you write?
2) Who do you admire and why? (sorry I know I’m sneaking two questions)
3) What has been your best vacation?
4) Where would you love to visit one day?
5) Why is your best friend, your best friend?
6) What is your biggest concern (about anything)?
7) When did you last owe someone an apology?
8) What’s the best movie you’ve ever watched?
9) What’s your most favorite childhood memory?
10) What do you love most about yourself?
11) If you could ask Jesus a question what would it be?
*To my nominees, please don’t feel pressured to accept this award and all of its details. Know that I just really appreciate reading your posts, comments, and feedback! Thanks for what you do!!