PART 2: continued from Too Incredible to Deny
The truth is I could beg a person who stands on the edge of believing to just trust Jesus…to just believe in Him. I could share my convincing testimony with someone; I could challenge him or her to watch the sun rise and fall or count and name the endless stars…to consider the complexity of a baby forming in the womb and then try to tell me there’s no God.
But when it comes down to it, none of those things can cause a person to truly know, love, and appreciate God the way the Bible can. Although a Bible (in its material form) can’t offer salvation, the words within can certainly lead a lost soul to the Lord. No matter how incredible the very thing we view and marvel over appears, the word of God is absolutely by-far the best proof of God’s existence. The Bible makes all of those things worthy of appreciation when we choose to acknowledge God as their Creator.
If you struggle to believe, if this just sounds too bazaar to you, then I challenge you to read the Bible for yourself. You’ll be entertained, motivated, shocked, held in suspense, wowed and awed as you read the history of:
women and men going from zero to hero
- Moses’ leadership (read Exodus through Deuteronomy)
- Rahab’s prostitution yet devotion to her family (Joshua 2 & 6)
- David’s heart for God (1 Samuel 16 through 1 Kings 2 & the book of Psalm)
- Queen Esther’s life at risk (the book of Esther)
- Matthew the despised tax collector (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John)